Saturday, October 20, 2012

Getting Back to Basics

Everywhere I look I see where people are getting back to the basics of what is truly important in life. With all that is going on in this world today, the lost of life, lost of property, lost of jobs, lost of what we thought was most important.  We think we are going through  a time of immense corporate greed in America, but I think  that the message is much more than the obvious.  There are times when the purpose is much more aloof, people are beginning to realize what is really valuable in this world, what is valuable in their lives. It is not money, status, or our perceived  position in life, but it is our children, our spouse, our family, and our brethren.

 What is important is being what Our Creator intended  for us to be, our brother's keeper, a person that continues to love and give in spite of  our circumstance, because we are not our circumstances just as we are not our jobs or our position in life.  None of that we can  we take with us when we return to the earth.  We will not be judged or remembered by any of those things, we will be remembered by the way we lived our lives, by what was in our hearts, and mostly by how we treat each other.

  We are starting to re-evaluate our priorities, shifting our values, and making adjustments in the way we live our lives. I have been compelled to do this for some time, but it is a great deal harder to do than it sounds.


My Studio

De-cluttering your life both physically as well a emotionally is quite challenging. Being  so dutifully programmed to strive for the 'American Dream', we find it difficult to de-program. That is why there are many books and websites that helps us see the value in living the minimalist
life-style.
When we fill our lives things, we consistently deplete our financial resources, which keeps us enslaved in a job that we no longer want to do.  Yes I  can go on and on about this for sure.  Instead of my doing that I am going to introduce you on to two of the most enlightening websites where the young corporate types are waking up.  I knew that the Baby-Boomers were really catching on to this concept, but I believe the younger crowd are now aware that those secure jobs no longer exists, retirement is a joke, and because we love immediate gratification due to the painful state of our lives in this country, we are not only enslaved to these jobs, but to banks by way of credit, and to the consistent flow of  stuff that we are using to crowd out that feeling of emptiness that is left with us in this vicious cycle.

  Zen Habits is the leading in this thinking of minimalist, but beautifully carried on is the minimalists.  Both of these sites are well worth reading through. I have been embarking on this lifestyle long before I knew there was a name for it.  I started out just wanting to lighten my load because I have moved a great deal in my life and I am tired of moving lots of stuff.  I know that I get bored with things rather quickly and liked the idea of going to new places and becoming a part of something new.  I didn't understand it at first, but now that I am understanding more and more about myself, I know that I want to become even more mobilized, somewhat nomadic actually, and I wanted to get down to what I need and those things that I actually enjoy the most.

  As Whoopi Goldberg says, " We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark." Also there is an Irish Proverb that reads, 'It is in the shelter of each other that the people live.' Here is one website that focuses on Values, and how easy it is to implement them in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment