Monday, November 1, 2010

Never Had Surgery Before 2009

I have had three surgeries in the past 11 months and I am doing great.  I am grateful that none of these surgeries were for things that have lasting effects, at least not on me.  I do realize that there are so many things can go wrong when you  have surgery, but I have been blessed with three successful surgeries in the past year.

 I contribute this first to my creator for needing me to stay here on this earth in good health for His purpose.   Then I contribute it to having three really great surgeons, that are at the top of their game, and last I realize that I am a strong person with incredibly good genes. We all know that our lives can change drastically with the blink of an eye therefore we have to appreciate all that we are given and take advantage of all that life has to offer. Yes even those bad times, because they are merely stepping stones to who we are to become.  It is through the hard times that we build character and strength, that we one day have to give to someone else in our paths. 

To someone in our family that is going through some difficult times or even a stranger that  may just need a caring heart to hear their pain.  I feel as though this is what I am being prepared to do.  I know that I asked many years ago to be used for the betterment of my fellow man; to be used to help others, to become a giver.  While asking, I never thought that I had to be prepared for that life.

Maybe I was not where I needed to be to do what I wanted to do. So then the preparation began.  I had to be torn down to be built up in a way that I could actually be used.  This tearing down came in many forms, first the  emotional side and then the physical side.  Now that I know what it was that I was going through, I am again grateful.  I know that I may not be where I want to be, but I am where I need to be in order to begin that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment