Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Changes

I am about to turn fifty and am really excited about it.  I am once again noticing some major changes in my body.  I have had two major surgeries in the past 6 mos and am about to have another, and I am sure that these surgeries are taking their toll on my body and energy level as well.  Things are going even further south, and my energy level gets depleted a great deal faster than before.  Unfortunately I have to wait until I recover from the next surgery to work on strengthening various muscles and rebuilding stamina, but I am ready for that challenge.  It is frustrating to me at times that I can't go and do the way that I use to, but I believe that even though it will not get back to the point of yesteryear, it will vastly improve.  Hell, I have things to do and things to see and working on freeing up the time to do them, so I must have the energy to make it happen.  I do realize that it is going to take more time for a full recovery than I anticipated, but I am looking forward to the day, when I don't get tired after a few days of doing what I love to do.

 It is comical how when you get a certain age you no longer want to do the exercises to keep things toned and tight, you are now wanting to do the exercises that strengthen those well used muscles as well as hiking or cycling to build stamina.  The physical appearance become less important and the physical ability become more.  The beauty of getting older is well embraced in my life and I hope it is as well embraced in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment